For a day that started out so nice, it went steadily downhill.
First sign that the day was going down the tubes was seeing two MAJOR one vehicle accidents. One was a semi, looked like the driver fell asleep...you could see where he drifted off the road and the rig was still there and it had obviously rolled at least once. The other was another large truck...couldn't tell what kind as it was upside down...could just see all the wheels (like a big dumptruck/cement truck size). I'm sure there were injuries in both of them.
Next was getting a bit off-track and wasting about 20 miles till I find my way back to where I should have been. Normally getting lost is no biggie but I knew that I was in for 10 hours of driving as it was...
But those were the minor downers.....trying not to cry now. At a rest stop BoBo got loose (slipped out the door before I had a firm grip on the leash) and got hit by a car. He had already stopped breathing by the time I got there....I then proceeded to throw up. I hope I never see something like that again. The lady driving was almost as hysterical as I was but it wasn't her fault. He had no fear of cars (I mentioned that to friends once) and he darted right in front of her. There was a truck driver who lived in the local area and he offered to take BoBo to his farm and bury him.
Not going to do any more pets....just not meant to be. Every time I think of him laying there, I start crying. Today sucked!
Till next time - keep on rollin',
Froggi/Donna